Product SpecificationsTypes of Imagery
Natural Color: 1ocm/pixel RGB Image. This is the same kind of image you would take with your camera
NDVI: 10cm/pixel. Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) is a ratio of the red light to near-infrared light that our sensor sees. NDVI quantifies vegetation by measuring the difference between near-infrared (which vegetation strongly reflects) and red light (which vegetation absorbs). Plants are uniquely efficient at reflecting light in a way that increases the value of this ratio. Healthy vegetation (chlorophyll) reflects more near-infrared (NIR) and green light compared to other wavelengths. But it absorbs more red and blue light. Higher NDVI values mean more chlorophyll is detected by the sensor. Both leaf area and photosynthetic activity increase NDVI values. Normally, these two values are conflated into a measure of “vigor,” but basically it is a measure of chlorophyll density from whatever cause. The density of chlorophyll in the leaf and the area of the leaves all contribute to the NDVI. Photosynthetic activity directly correlates to the presence of chlorophyll.
Thermal: 10cm structural data. This image shows a heat-map of everything visible from the plane. With thermal imagery, you can see plant transpiration trends and observe recent irrigation effects such as irrigation system failures.
Infrared: 10cm/pixel Imagery produced as a result of sensing electromagnetic radiations emitted or reflected from a given target surface in the infrared position of the electromagnetic spectrum (approximately 0.72 to 1,000 microns). Because near-infrared light is invisible to human eyes, we color it in as red to show where it reflects the most.
Pixel: A pixel is the smallest unit of a digital image or graphic that can be displayed and represented on a digital display device. A pixel is the basic logical unit in digital graphics. Pixels are combined to form a complete image, video, text or any visible thing on a computer display. The average TerrAvion pixel is about the size of a mouse pad.
● 10cm resolution (standard color, vegetative index [NDVI] and infrared, 2m resolution (thermal).
● Rapid 24-hour average turnaround from image capture to delivery.
● More than 100X more detail than satellites, greater frequency and less cloud issues.
● 10% the cost of drone images with none of the hassle.
● Weekly deliveries .
● Open API and seamless integration with Climate, SST, and for 2018, MyJohnDeere.
● Download geoTIFF, SHP, KML and GEOJSON files to import into other precision Ag platforms.
● Most competitive price on the market: no one delivers comparable volume of imagery at a cheaper price.
● Most reliable delivery. In 2017, 99.1% of fields exceeded TerrAvion SLA requirements.