Directions on how to import TerrAvion GeoTIFFs into desktop GIS software
1. Open your desktop GIS software (For this example, we will use QGIS, a free GIS software).
2. Start a new project.
3. Load a base map (in this example, we are using Bing road data from Microsoft).
4. Download your TerrAvion field image as a GeoTIFF from OverView using the More menu at the bottom of the screen.
5. Next, we will bring in the downloaded TerrAvion GeoTIFF data as a raster data type. At the top of your screen, click Layer -> Add Layer -> Add Raster Layer.
6. Browse your computer for your downloaded TerrAvion data.
7. Click Add.
8. Alternatively, you can also just drag and drop your GeoTiff file right into your GIS project.
9. In the Layers menu on the left side of your screen, right-click on your TerrAvion GeoTIFF layer.
10. Click Zoom to Layer, or click the Zoom to Layer button in the toolbar.
11. In this example, we have downloaded and imported a Natural Color GeoTIFF. To work with additional TerrAvion layers, download GeoTIFFs for each layer you wish to analyze.
12. Note that TerrAvion includes 10m buffer for all imagery.
13. Use the Identify tool to get spot pixel values for any image layer.