How to Use The John Deere Product Manager to Add Products to Your MyJohnDeere Account
Products include chemicals (including fertilizers) and varieties. Active products in Product Manager populate in the product list in Setup Builder and Jobs. Products help ensure accurate documentation in the field and for records when they are sent to the display in a setup file. Products are populated in the list by manually adding each one. Products that are part of incoming field documentation do not currently populate the products list.
Note: Setup data, including Apex backups, does not import products into the Operations Center to maintain a clean master list in Product Manager.
Add a product
Add products from the product catalog database to your products list in your organization. These products include accurate names and details. It improves the quality of agronomic reporting and reduces the need for later editing when multiple machines are seeding or applying.
- Select Add Product (1)
- Type in the product name, or other keyword in the Search (2).
- Select the product(s) from the list.
- Select Next (3) to verify or make changes to the name, category, type, and manufacturer name. If
the product name is not found in the search, select Add (4) to add a custom product.
- Review the chemical or variety, and fill in additional information:
- Manufacturer / brand
- EPA registration (for chemical category only)
- Crop or chemical type
- Form (for chemical category only)
- Select Save after all the information is entered. The product name can now be found in the
Adding products from the product catalog database reduces the need for future edits. However, if you need to edit product names or details follow these steps:
- Select the name of the product to edit.
- Note: To help you find the product, use the search and filters in the left-hand panel.
- Select Edit.
- Select Save when finished.
- Note: Export to CSV is available to make further edits or do product planning for next season.
Some products are not used every season. It is helpful to archive these products that are not actively used. Archiving helps keep only relevant items used in the office and in the cab.
- Select the name of the product to archive.
- Select Archive.
- Note: Archive marks a product inactive, so it cannot be mistakenly added to a setup file. These
products may be later activated if the product is used for the season.