For users with many fields in their TerrAvion account, picking which fields to look at first can be an arduous task. Here are some tips on how to decide what fields to look at for specific use cases.
5. Zoom in a little to see multiple fields in more detail, click and drag to browse your fields at
increased zoom level. Start with the natural color imagery.
6. Change to NDVI and thermal layers as you browse your fields
7. Consider what you are trying to see.
a. Issue Detection
i. For irrigation and field moisture issues
1. Look on farm level for fields that show abnormal patterns in
3. Zoom into fields that appear to show suspicious thermal patterns
4. Conduct in-field scouting of suspicious thermal patterns
ii. For weeds, fertility issues, pest and disease detections, crop
damage, stand counts, in-season tissue sampling and equipment failures:
1. Use natural color and NDVI imagery to spot vigor variability and
inconsistencies that stand out on the farm level.
3. Zoom in to assess identified issues individually on the field level
4. Scout suspicious issues using your TerrAvion imagery in one of
the following apps:
a. Scouting with TerrAvion Mobile App
d. Scouting with MyJohnDeere
5. As you scout your fields, consider all factors that could
contribute to what you are seeing in your imagery including:
a. Soil conditions
b. Moisture conditions
c. Yield history
d. Field history
6. Note your findings and use the TerrAvion Histogram tool to
project your results across an entire field.