How To Draw And Download Field Boundaries To Place An Order With TerrAvion
To place an order with TerrAvion, you will first need to provide a file of your field boundaries. One simple way to do this is by using Google Earth Pro to draw your field boundaries. Google Earth Pro can be downloaded for use by anyone for free. To use Google Earth Pro to draw field boundaries, please follow these steps:
1. Go to https://www.google.com/earth/desktop/ and download the Google Earth Pro desktop application.
2. Open Google Earth Pro
3. Use the Search bar to search for your field by address or GPS coordinates. If you do not have an address or GPS coordinates, search for the address of a nearby location and navigate the map to your field.
4. Center the field in your screen.
5. Use the Add Polygon tool to draw your field boundaries.
6. Click to place points around your field.
7. Close your polygon by clicking on the first point you placed again.
8. Right click to undo placed points
9. When you have completed your polygon, name your field and click OK
10. Your saved field will then appear in the Places menu on the left side of the screen.right click on your field and click Save Place As
11. Change Save as Type to Kml
12. Chose the destination for where you would like to save your field boundary file. Click Save.
To upload your field boundaries while placing an order with TerrAvion, please follow these steps:
Note: TerrAvion accepts only SHP, KML or GEOJSON file submissions.
1. Login to your maps.terravion.com account
2. Click on dashboards dropdown in the menu bar and select field management
3. Click on the plus sign in the top left corner
4. Enter your farm and field name, and select the corresponding file on your computer. Click save to upload your fields. The field will now be in your account. It can now be selected to be added to an aerial subscription plan. If you are a farmer, to order a prescription on your fields, contact your local Ag-retailer or Agronomist or order through one of our partners with image ordering capabilities.